Michael R. Miller
416-516-6045 (home) – 416-988-7145 (cell)
Performance-driven IT Professional specializing in System Analysis/Management and Network Administration eager to contribute technical proficiencies as well as dynamic project management skills toward supporting operations of a progressive organization.
10+ years experience in the following areas: Computer and Information Systems Manager, Programming, Systems Analyst, Web Development and Network Administration.
Design, Implementation and maintain from ground zero, 150 workstations, over 20 servers on multiple platforms, and multiple locations.
Trusted and well managed Systems Administrator / Manager for large printing and publishing group.
Successful startup and maintenance of several businesses.
Noted Systems software designer / engineer / developer.
Chatterbox Games – August 2009 to Present
Systems Analyst, Programmer & Web Development
• Systems Analyst, Network Engineer and Technical support.
• Design and develop computer and web software.
• Responsible for design, layout and implementation of computer network, and web site using Flash and other multimedia tools.
EP Graphics – September 1995 to August 2009
Computer and Information Systems Manager
• Systems Manager / Analyst for $80 million dollar Printing and Publishing Company.
• Responsible for the complete deployment and management of 20 servers (Windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 and Linux)
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Co-ordinate and train users of all levels from upper management and staff.
• Manage IT staff and all levels of IT department. Consistently within budget while maximizing profits.
• Setup, maintain, and program (Merlin Legend) phone system.
• Responsible for efficient design, purchase, installation, and maintenance of 200 user computer network. Including internet filters, routers, switches, Firewalls, Anti-virus, point-to-point and Wi-Fi wireless systems.
• Evaluate, setup, maintain and debug numerous software packages for print and publishing divisions including accounting, web, graphic arts (Adobe Suite) and sales / marketing departments.
• Systems Analyst / Project manager responsible for setup, installation and maintenance of Hagen accounting / production software (Progress DB). Project included network design and setup of server / client database installation, 50 user workstations, and multiple upgrades. Coordinated system operations with users, manufacture support and multiple 3rd party vendors.
• Project manager, responsible for setup and maintenance of multiple secure internet web FTP sites.
• Project manager, responsible for setup and maintenance of Terminal Server for remote sales users.
• Project manager, integrating numerous hardware / software projects within all levels of organization.
SOGWAP Software, Decatur, IN 1985-1996
Software Developer & Entrepreneur
• Develop entire software package including User and Hardware Interfaces.
• Produce, sell, maintain, and provide customer service for all software.
• Produce user manuals. Work with advertisers and distributors.
• Titles included best seller Big Blue Reader and Bible Search.
• Distribute Software internationally to seven continents.
• Coordinate translation of software in several languages including German and Spanish.
1995 – 1998
Fort Wayne, IN Associate Degree in Computer Programming & Systems Analyst
• 2 year degree in Computer Information Systems
• Languages include: AS400, Visual Basic, C++, and COBOL
• Elective courses including English, History, Math, Public Speaking, Writing
Adams Central HS, Monroe, IN
• Math, English, History
Microsoft Certified Professional – MCP
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator – M.C.S.A.
Windows 2003 Server training, February 2006, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Certec security training, July 2008, Indianapolis, Indiana
Michael R. Miller – Abridged List of Technical Skills
905-373-9457 (home) – 905-376-3489 (cell)
MS Active Directory
Extensive Windows Server 2003/2008 Experience
Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7
Linux, Apple OSX, VMWare.
MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Publisher.
Databases: SQL, My SQL, Act, Progress, Crystal Reports, Solomon, FileMaker, MS Access, Firebird
Software: (Partial List)
Zip and WinRar – including script writing.
Adobe Suite (Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, Flash)
PDF Work Flow, FTP software, Goto My PC, Teamview
RMS, PMS, POS
Merlin Legend PBX
Remote Access, T1, PRI, BRI
Cisco Routers, HP switches
10 / 100 / 1000 Mb, Fiber Switches
Ethernet, Fiber, multi T1. LAN / WAN / WLAN / VPN, TCP/IP, DNS / DHCP server, Complex routing.
Wireless LAN, Point-to-Point, Access Point, repeater, Bridge. Including encryption. Remote FTP.
Packet Sniffing, Firewall, Network Intrusion, Switch Management, Bandwidth control, RT network monitoring.
Personal, Workgroup and Enterprise Multipurpose Printers
HP, Lexmark, Epson, Canon, Konica/Minolta, others
PHP, HTML, XML, Java, VBASIC, C++, ODBC, scripting
Active Directory Policies.
PCI Compliance requirements.
AntiVirus: McAfee, AVG, Baracuda (Spam, Virus, and Web filter)
Backup Software: Backup Exec, ArcServe, Acronis, Norton Ghost, Retrospect.
Complex security and Backup solutions. RAID hardware/software. All levels of Disaster Recovery.
Blackberry, Call forwarding, Pagers.
Audio / Video design and setup.
Local and Remote Conferencing hardware/software solutions. Skype, VOIP, IP-Video solutions.
Web Design and Programming.
Advanced component Trouble Shooting.