Michael R. Miller
Full/Part Time (or Contract) Systems Web Programming / Development where I can use my diversified experience, skills, training and knowledge, in a challenging environment.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
15+ years experience as Computer and Information Systems Manager, Programming, Systems Analyst, Web Development and Network Administration.
Successful startup and maintenance of several businesses.
Design, setup, maintain 150 user environment, with 20 servers on multiple platforms, and locations.
Noted Systems software designer/engineer/developer.
Trusted and well managed Systems Administrator for 150 user print/publishing group.
August 2009 to Present
Chatterboxgames, Peterborough, Ontario
Systems Analyst, Programmer & Web Development
• Systems Analyst, Networking and Technical support.
• Designed and developed computer and web versions of ChatterBoxGames for families.
• Responsible for design, layout and implementation of network, and web site using Flash and other multimedia tools.
September 1995 to August 2009
EP Graphics, Berne, IN
Computer and Information Systems Manager
• Systems Manager/Analyst for Printing and Publishing Company.
• Responsible for the purchase, setup and management of 20 servers (Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server and Linux)
• Purchase, setup, and maintain 150+ computer systems.
• Co-ordinate and train users of all levels, from entry level employees to CEO.
• Manage IT staff and all levels of IT department.
• Setup, maintain, program (Merlin Legend) phone system.
• Responsible for design, purchase, installation, and maintenance of 200 user computer network. Including internet filters, routers, switches, Firewalls, Anti-virus, point-to-point and Wi-Fi wireless systems.
• Evaluate, setup, maintain and debug multiple software packages for print and publishing divisions including accounting, web, graphic arts (Adobe Suite) and sales/marketing departments.
• Systems Analyst/Project manager responsible for setup, installation and maintenance of Hagen accounting/production software (Progress DB). Project included network design and setup of server/client database installation, 50 user workstations, multiple upgrades, work with users, manufacture support and multiple 3rd party vendors.
• Project manager responsible for setup and maintenance of multiple internet web FTP sites.
• Project manager responsible for setup and maintenance of Terminal Server for remote sales users.
• Project manager integrating numerous other hardware/software products.
1985-1996 SOGWAP Software, Decatur, IN
Software Developer & Entrepreneur
• Developed entire software package including User and Hardware Interfaces.
• Produced, sold, maintained, and provided customer service for all software.
• Produced user manuals. Worked with advertisers and distributors.
• Titles included best seller Big Blue Reader and Bible Search.
• Software distributed internationally to seven continents.
• Translated in several languages including German and Spanish.
Fort Wayne, IN
Associate Degree in Computer Programming & Systems Analyst
• 2 year degree in Computer Information Systems
• Languages include: AS400, Visual Basic, C++, and COBOL
• Elective courses including English, History, Math, Public Speaking, Writing
Adams Central HS, Monroe, IN
• Math, English, History
Microsoft Certified Professional – MCP
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator – M.C.S.A.
Windows 2003 Server training, February 2006, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Certec security training, July 2008, Indianapolis, Indiana